عرض مشاركة واحدة
قديم 26-02-11, 10:22 PM   #21

Dalyia

إدارية ومشرفة سابقة وكاتبة بمكتبة روايتي وعضوة بفريق التصميم والترجمة و الافلام والسينما ومعطاء التسالي ونجمة الحصريات الفنية ومميز بالقسم الطبى

الصورة الرمزية Dalyia

? العضوٌ??? » 130321
?  التسِجيلٌ » Jul 2010
? مشَارَ?اتْي » 49,796
? الًجنِس »
? دولتي » دولتي Egypt
? مزاجي » مزاجي
?  نُقآطِيْ » Dalyia has a reputation beyond reputeDalyia has a reputation beyond reputeDalyia has a reputation beyond reputeDalyia has a reputation beyond reputeDalyia has a reputation beyond reputeDalyia has a reputation beyond reputeDalyia has a reputation beyond reputeDalyia has a reputation beyond reputeDalyia has a reputation beyond reputeDalyia has a reputation beyond reputeDalyia has a reputation beyond repute
¬» مشروبك   pepsi
¬» قناتك mbc4
?? ??? ~
My Mms ~
افتراضي

She quickly bowed her head so he wouldn't be able to see her fear and hoped he took her behavior as a sign of good training. Smiling would have been impossible* however. She wasn't screaming* though* and surely that counted for something.

Alec suddenly moved toward her* and with such an arrogant swagger* she understood how Connor had learned how to be so intimidating. His brother had taught him.

"Brenna* come here." Connor gave the command in a voice tinged with exasperation. She immediately raised her head* went down the stairs* and hurried over to his side. She kept her gaze on Alec Kincaid with each step she took.

Except for their size* the two warriors didn't look at all like brothers. Connor had dark brown hair; Alec had a good deal of red in his. Connor's face looked more patrician to her* though Alec did have a fine profile too* she grudgingly admitted. The physical differences didn't end there* of course. When Connor wasn't frowning* which in her estimation was a rarity* he was somewhat handsome. Alec* on the other hand* could never ever be considered the least bit attractive.

Still* they were two thorns from the same thistle. Their tactics in terrorizing innocent ladies were identical. Their behavior was downright sinful* but what made it even worse was the fact that neither warrior seemed to realize the effect he had on others.

Brenna wondered if her hair was turning gray. She'd heard some women's did when they were subjected to a horror. She tried to calm down. He was only a man and no more threatening than Connor. Unfortunately* that simple truth didn't comfort her at all.

Her husband didn't either. She finally forced herself to stop staring at Satan's nightmare and looked up at Connor. He ignored her. It couldn't get any worse* she told herself. Then Connor shoved her behind his back. She wanted to kick him.

Alec was disappointed in Connor's bride. He couldn't imagine she would ever survive a marriage to Connor if she turned out to be the frightened little rabbit he supposed her to be. Connor would trample all over her in no time at all.

"I'm going to talk to her* Connor. Get the hell out of the way or I'll have you removed from the hall*" Alec roared.

Her husband didn't even flinch. She did. She got angry too* as it was atrocious of one brother to speak to another in such a hostile tone.

"You may* of course* talk to her* Alec* but you may not raise your voice. I don't want you to frighten her."

Brenna's anger suddenly switched directions. Her wrath was now fully directed at her husband. Did he have to tell his brother he would frighten her if he raised his voice? Now Alec would think her a weakling* and what kind of a beginning was that? She nudged Connor in his back to let him know what she thought about his comment. He pulled her back to his side and gave her a frown* so she smiled just to bother him.

A woman called out to Laird Kincaid from the entrance. Connor didn't look at her. Brenna couldn't look anywhere else. The woman was so strikingly beautiful* Brenna blinked twice* thinking she might be a vision sent to comfort her through this nightmare. The woman didn't disappear. She wasn't just beautiful. She was courageous as well because she willingly walked across the hall to speak to Alec.

Laird Kincaid's reaction to the vision was a miracle. His voice turned into velvet when he granted the woman permission to come forward. He even smiled as he leaned down to listen to her. Saints be praised* he was human after all.

Unfortunately* the miracle wasn't long-lasting. Brenna stared at the vision* who bowed to them and took her leave. Brenna knew it was rude to stare* but she couldn't seem to stop* until she began to feel as attractive as last week's leftovers. Alec must think Connor was out of his mind to have married Brenna when he could have chosen one of these Highland beauties. They probably grew like heather around here.

"Connor* is your woman timid?"

"Perhaps*" he allowed* wondering what his brother's game was.

"I would like to ask you a few questions* Lady Brenna. I expect you to be truthful in your replies. You have nothing to fear from me. Did you ask my brother to marry you?"

She really was going to kill Connor. How dare he tell Alec about her childish embarrassment. Granted* he had forewarned her* but she hadn't believed him because she was certain he would find it as embarrassing as she did.

"Yes* Laird. I did ask him to marry me."

"Do you have something more to say to me?" he asked* thinking she would surely explain why she'd done such a thing.

"I do."

"Say it then."

"I'm not timid."

He came close to smiling. There had been a definite note of defiance in her voice when she'd defended herself. Perhaps she wasn't such a mouse after all.

"I thought you were."

"You were mistaken."

He nodded.

"Did you ask Connor before you were promised to MacNare?"

"Yes."

"Alec* we've been over this*" Connor interjected. "As I've explained several times now* she asked me three times. Now let it go*" he added as he gently pushed his wife behind his back again.

Three times? He had to mention all the details* didn't he? She suddenly found herself wondering how timid Alec would think she was if he watched her throttle her husband.

"I decide when I've heard enough."

"She belongs to me now*" Connor replied

"She could still be given to MacNare. Don't push me again* brother. You won't like the consequences."

"Our wedding was blessed. Brenna* stop pushing me."

"Anything can be undone*" said Alec.

"You won't go against our church."

"No* I won't*" Alec conceded. "There is another way I could give her to MacNare."

"She could even now be carrying my child. Damn it* wife* will you stop trying to provoke me?"

"She can still be free of you."

"How?"

"I'll kill you."

Connor was about to scoff at his brother's threat when his wife got his attention. She was suddenly standing in front of him.

"You will not kill him*" she shouted at Alec.

Her anger caught both men by surprise.

"For God's sake* Brenna*" Connor muttered as he moved her behind his back again. "Stay out of this."

"Let her speak* Connor."

She was already standing in front of her husband by the time Alec finished giving his command.

"Why can't I kill him?"

"He's your brother."

"Give me a good reason."

She couldn't think of one. "You have to make the best of it."

Alec leaned back against the table* folded his arms across his chest* and stared at her. "The best of what?"

"Connor. I understand why you want to kill him. Most everyone who meets him eventually feels that way. Still* he's your brother* and if you'll only think about his virtues* you'll surely let him live."

"Name his virtues?"

"I just knew you were going to say that."

She realized she'd blurted out her thought as soon as the words were out of her mouth* and she hurried on before Connor took offense. "He has hundreds of virtues."

"Such as?"

"He's loyal."

"And?"

She threaded her fingers through her hair in agitation while she concentrated on trying to come up with another one. "His men seem to like him."

"Do you?"

"This has gone far enough* Alec. Brenna* if you continue to defend me* my brother will have me tortured before he kills me."

"I'm doing the best I can."

Alec abruptly ended the inquisition by leaving the hall. It was apparent Connor had gotten his manners from his older brother.

"What the hell just came over you* Brenna?"

"You came over me*" she cried out. "You've turned me into a raving simpleton. I want to go home now."

"We can't leave until Alec comes back."

"He won't kill you* will he?"

"No* he won't kill me. I didn't realize you cared."

The laughter in his voice set her off. "I don't care."

"Then why did you try to defend me?"

He would have to turn logical on her. "If anyone kills you* it's going to be me* and I swear to God that if you try to shove me behind you again* I will. Do you have any?"

"Any what?"

"Virtues."

"I'm pleasant enough."

"I was told not to lie."

"I let you voice your opinion."

"That isn't a virtue."

He finally took mercy on her. "It's over now. I told you he wouldn't hurt you."

"It wasn't sufficient warning*" she snapped. "He's coming back*" she added in a whisper.

Alec wasn't alone. The vision followed her laird into the hall and waited by his side when he ordered Brenna to come to him.

Connor had to nudge Brenna to get her started. She walked over to the laird* bowed her head* and waited for him to scare the hell out of her again.
"Welcome to the family* Lady Brenna

Dalyia غير متواجد حالياً  
التوقيع
أنْت يـَـــا اللَّـه 【 تَكْفِينِي 】ツ

رد مع اقتباس