آخر 10 مشاركات
بعينيكِ وعد*مميزة و مكتملة* (الكاتـب : tamima nabil - )           »          عــــادتْ مِنْ المـــــاضيِّ ! (1) * مميزة ومكتملة *.. سلسلة حدود الغُفران (الكاتـب : البارونة - )           »          روايه لا يغرك نبض كفي وارتجافه ضاق بي قلبي وشلته في يدي (الكاتـب : غِيْــمّ ~ - )           »          دموع رسمها القدر * مميزة ومكتملة *_ بقلم ديدي (الكاتـب : pretty dede - )           »          82 - الحمقاء الصغيرة - آن هامبسون - ع.ق (الكاتـب : pink moon - )           »          إمرأة الذئب (23) للكاتبة Karen Whiddon .. كاملة مع الروابط (الكاتـب : nagwa_ahmed5 - )           »          315 - شمس الحب ...لا تحرق ! - رينيه روزيل (تصوير جديد) (الكاتـب : Dalyia - )           »          الإغراء الممنوع (171) للكاتبة Jennie Lucas الجزء 1 سلسلة إغراء فالكونيرى..كاملة+روابط (الكاتـب : nagwa_ahmed5 - )           »          البجعة الورقية (129) للكاتبة: Leylah Attar *كاملة & تم إضافة الرابط* (الكاتـب : Andalus - )           »          خادمة القصر 2 (الكاتـب : اسماعيل موسى - )

العودة   شبكة روايتي الثقافية > المنتدى العلمي > ركن تعليم اللغات

إضافة رد

LinkBack أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 24-06-09, 04:30 PM   #1

نعيم الفردوس

الصورة الرمزية نعيم الفردوس

? العضوٌ??? » 94245
?  التسِجيلٌ » Jun 2009
? مشَارَ?اتْي » 431
?  نُقآطِيْ » نعيم الفردوس is on a distinguished road
B10 **//English IDIOMS//**

A bit much
If something is excessive or annoying, it is a bit much.
A chain is no stronger than its weakest link
This means that processes, organisations, etc, are vulnerable because the weakest person or part can always damage or break them.
A day late and a dollar short
(USA) If something is a day late and a dollar short, it is too little, too late.
A fool and his money are soon parted
This idiom means that people who aren't careful with their money spend it quickly. 'A fool and his money are easily parted' is an alternative form of the idiom.
A fool at 40 is a fool forever
If someone hasn't matured by the time they reach forty, they never will.
A hitch in your giddy-up
If you have a hitch in your giddy-up, you're not feeling well. ('A hitch in your gittie-up' is also used.)
A lick and a promise
If you give something a lick and a promise, you do it hurriedly, most often incompletely, intending to return to it later.
A little bird told me
If someone doesn't want to say where they got some information from, they can say that a little bird told them.
A little learning is a dangerous thing
A small amount of knowledge can cause people to think they are more expert than they really are.eg. he said he'd done a course on home electrics, but when he tried to mend my table lamp, he fused all the lights! I think a little learning is a dangerous thing
A long row to hoe
Something that is a long row to hoe is a difficult task that takes a long time.
A lost ball in the high weeds
A lost ball in the high weeds is someone who does not know what they are doing, where they are or how to do something.
A month of Sundays
A month of Sundays is a long period of time: I haven't seen her in a month of Sundays.
A OK
If things are A OK, they are absolutely fine.
A penny for your thoughts
This idiom is used as a way of asking someone what they are thinking about.
A penny saved is a penny earned
This means that we shouldn't spend or waste money, but try to save it.
A picture is worth a thousand words
A picture can often get a message across much better than the best verbal description.
A poor man's something
Something or someone that can be compared to something or someone else, but is not as good is a poor man's version; a writer who uses lots of puns but isn't very funny would be a poor man's Oscar Wilde.
A pretty penny
If something costs a pretty penny, it is very expensive.
A problem shared is a problem halved
If you talk about your problems, it will make you feel better.
A rising tide lifts all boats
This idiom, coined by John F Kennedy, describes the idea that when an economy is performing well, all people will benefit from it.
A rolling stone gathers no moss
People say this to mean that that an ambitious person is more successful than a person not trying to achieve anything. Originally it meant the opposite and was critical of people trying to get ahead.
A slice off a cut loaf is never missed
Used colloquially to describe having sexual intercourse with someone who is not a virgin, especially when they are in a relationship. The analogy refers to a loaf of bread; it is not readily apparent, once the end has been removed, exactly how many slices have been taken.('You never miss a slice from a cut loaf' is also used.)
A steal
If something is a steal, it costs much less than it is really worth.
A still tongue keeps a wise head
Wise people don't talk much.
A watched pot never boils
Some things work out in their own time, so being impatient and constantly checking will just make things seem longer

Babe in arms
A babe in arms is a very young child, or a person who is very young to be holding a position.
Babe in the woods
A babe in the woods is a naive, defenceless, young person.
Baby boomer
(USA) A baby boomer is someone born in the years after the end of the Second World War, a period when the population was growing very fast.
Back burner
If an issue is on the back burner, it is being given low priority.
Back foot
(UK) If you are on your back foot, you are at a disadvantage and forced to be defensive of your position.
Back number
Something that's a back number is dated or out of fashion.
Back the wrong horse
If you back the wrong horse, you give your support to the losing side in something.
Back to back
If things happen back to back, they are directly one after another.
Back to square one
If you are back to square one, you have to start from the beginning again.
Back to the drawing board
If you have to go back to the drawing board, you have to go back to the beginning and start something again.
Back to the salt mine
If someone says they have to go back to the salt mine, they have to return to work.
Back to the wall
If you have your back to the wall, you are in a difficult situation with very little room for manoeuvre.
Backseat driver
A backseat driver is an annoying person who is fond of giving advice to the person performing a task or doing something, especially when the advice is either wrong or unwelcome.
Bad Apple
A person who is bad and makes other bad is a bad apple.
Bad blood
If people feel hate because of things that happened in the past, there is bad blood between them.
Bad egg
A person who cannot be trusted is a bad egg. Good egg is the opposite.
Bad hair day
If you're having a bad hair day, things are not going the way you would like or had planned
Bad mouth
(UK) When you are bad mouthing,you are saying negative things about someone or something.('Bad-mouth' and 'badmouth' are also used.)
Bad shape
If something's in bad shape, it's in bad condition. If a person's in bad shape, they are unfit or unhealthy.
Bad taste in your mouth
If something leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth, you feel there is something wrong or bad about it.
Bad workers always blame their tools
"A bad worker always blames their tools" - If somebody does a job badly or loses in a game and claims that they were let down by their equipment, you can use this to imply that this was not the case.
Bag of bones
If someone is a bag of bones, they are very underweight.
Bag of nerves
If someone is a bag of nerves, they are very worried or nervous.
Baker's dozen
A Baker's dozen is 13 rather than 12.
Bald as a coot
A person who is completely bald is as bald as a coot.
Ball is in your court
If the ball is in your court, it is up to you to make the next decision or step.
Ballpark figure
A ballpark figure is a rough or approximate number (guesstimate) to give a general idea of something, like a rough estimate for a cost, etc.
Balls to the walls
(USA) If you do something balls to the wall, you apply full acceleration or exertion.

يتبع[/CENTER]

نعيم الفردوس غير متواجد حالياً  
التوقيع

I'm hurt all the time.
I don't want to cry for the way I feel inside.
I just want someone to hold me...
I'm alone in the dark, please try to find me.
If no one cares, I don't see a point to go on.
Anyone find me! Anyone care!
I'm sorry, I just don't want to be alone anymore
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 04-07-09, 08:58 PM   #2

loveheart

الصورة الرمزية loveheart

? العضوٌ??? » 74263
?  التسِجيلٌ » Jan 2009
? مشَارَ?اتْي » 9,741
?  نُقآطِيْ » loveheart has a reputation beyond reputeloveheart has a reputation beyond reputeloveheart has a reputation beyond reputeloveheart has a reputation beyond reputeloveheart has a reputation beyond reputeloveheart has a reputation beyond reputeloveheart has a reputation beyond reputeloveheart has a reputation beyond reputeloveheart has a reputation beyond reputeloveheart has a reputation beyond reputeloveheart has a reputation beyond repute
افتراضي

loveheart غير متواجد حالياً  
التوقيع

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 28-07-09, 11:33 PM   #3

هبهوبة

روايتي مؤسس ونجم روايتي و مشارك مميز وفعال في القسم الطبي وعضو متألق في قسم علم النفس وتطوير الذات

alkap ~

الصورة الرمزية هبهوبة

? العضوٌ??? » 15
?  التسِجيلٌ » Nov 2007
? مشَارَ?اتْي » 26,048
? الًجنِس »
? مزاجي » مزاجي
?  نُقآطِيْ » هبهوبة has a reputation beyond reputeهبهوبة has a reputation beyond reputeهبهوبة has a reputation beyond reputeهبهوبة has a reputation beyond reputeهبهوبة has a reputation beyond reputeهبهوبة has a reputation beyond reputeهبهوبة has a reputation beyond reputeهبهوبة has a reputation beyond reputeهبهوبة has a reputation beyond reputeهبهوبة has a reputation beyond reputeهبهوبة has a reputation beyond repute
?? ??? ~
My Mms ~
افتراضي

روووعة و الله تسلمي يا نعومة

هبهوبة غير متواجد حالياً  
التوقيع
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 21-05-10, 10:21 PM   #4

hanha

الصورة الرمزية hanha

? العضوٌ??? » 96214
?  التسِجيلٌ » Jul 2009
? مشَارَ?اتْي » 5,019
?  نُقآطِيْ » hanha has a reputation beyond reputehanha has a reputation beyond reputehanha has a reputation beyond reputehanha has a reputation beyond reputehanha has a reputation beyond reputehanha has a reputation beyond reputehanha has a reputation beyond reputehanha has a reputation beyond reputehanha has a reputation beyond reputehanha has a reputation beyond reputehanha has a reputation beyond repute
افتراضي

حلوة كتير شكرا حبيبتى

hanha غير متواجد حالياً  
التوقيع

رواية مبتدئة

*غير المتوقع*
https://www.rewity.com/vb/t117174.html

نحن لا نحب حين نختار... ولا نختار حين نحب... إننا مع القضاء والقدر حين نولد، وحين نحب، وحين نموت!

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 09-01-11, 10:26 PM   #5

فراولة2008

الصورة الرمزية فراولة2008

? العضوٌ??? » 8787
?  التسِجيلٌ » May 2008
? مشَارَ?اتْي » 2,964
?  نُقآطِيْ » فراولة2008 has a reputation beyond reputeفراولة2008 has a reputation beyond reputeفراولة2008 has a reputation beyond reputeفراولة2008 has a reputation beyond reputeفراولة2008 has a reputation beyond reputeفراولة2008 has a reputation beyond reputeفراولة2008 has a reputation beyond reputeفراولة2008 has a reputation beyond reputeفراولة2008 has a reputation beyond reputeفراولة2008 has a reputation beyond reputeفراولة2008 has a reputation beyond repute
افتراضي

شـكــ وبارك الله فيك ـــرا لك ... لك مني أجمل تحية .

فراولة2008 غير متواجد حالياً  
التوقيع

أفضل وسيلة للانتقام أن تعيش بأحسن حال؟
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)

أدوات الموضوع
انواع عرض الموضوع

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات